An ill wind indeed

Cleaning up after the storm, I concluded the wheelbarrow could do with some air in its tyre. I flung it in the back of the station wagon and took it down to the service station. I attached the air tube and pressed the button – air flowing but no gauge reading – so I adjusted the fitting and pressed and held. BANG!!! One shredded tyre, a buckled wheel, and a profusely bleeding wound on my right hand (I’m practising writing with the sinister hand – opposite to the dextrous which is temporarily not dextrous). The stitches come out next week. So be careful when you check your wheelbarrow tyres!

Published by wonderingpilgrim

Okay Boomer - that I am. But not one of them know-it-all ones! Still learning that the more I know, the more I have yet to learn. What I do know, however, I know well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: